Captain's Choice Cruise - Sitka, AK to Juneau, AK
This itinerary is for the Captain's Choice Cruise
(Unless listed, each day’s meals include: Breakfast, lunch, cocktails, dinner)
Day 1 - Sitka, AK. (Please note, to ensure our vessel and crew are prepared for your cruise, please note, there is no early boarding). If staying at a hotel downtown, we have scheduled pick-ups of luggage at 12:30. Airport pick-up at 1 - 1:30. Your baggage is taken to your cabin. Guests are dropped downtown for a little stroll prior to tour. Please meet your Fantasy Cruise Representative at 2:30 PM at the Russian Orthodox Cathedral to begin your tour which includes the Raptor Center, Totem Park, and Fortress of the Bears. Then come abroad the Island Spirit for cocktails and dinner as we depart for our evening anchorage. Enjoy beautful scenery along the way. Vessel departs after tour. Guest transportation provided. (Cocktails, Dinner)
Days 2 - 8 Flexible Cruising route!
Our objective is to maintain flexibility to offer the best trip possible for the weather conditions, wildlife - both land and marine mammals and "off the beaten path" cruising. The Captain will plan the exact route just prior to your arrival for your trip. Evening anchorages of Captain's Choice. This cruise has been designed to take advantage of all the best that the local area has to offer.
We will cruise the waters of
- Peril Strait in the Sitka area
- Chattam Strait
- Frederick Sound
- Stevens Passage
- Lynn Canal, pending weather conditions we may even venture more north
The Captain will consider local activities such as:
- Whale Feeding/Breaching and cooperative interactions
- Coastal Brown Bear and Black Bear feeding/shoreline activity (Salmon runs and waterfalls)
- Tenekee Springs and/or Kake and Hoonah - small Alaska towns
- Dawes Glacier - Tidewater Glacial activity in the region (calving and ice pack access)
- Mendenahll Glacier Tour, with interpretive information from local Ranger
- Kayaking and skiff tours in small bays and inlets
- Fords Terror. Known to be a true highlight of Southeast Alaska not often visited. Be one of the few to experience and enjoy this phenomenal location as we spend a full day in one of Alaska's most protected bays. (Brunch, Dinner)
Day 8 - Afternoon arrival Juneau, AK - We awake this morning in another beautiful wilderness bay. Maybe we will kayak again or enjoy a shoreline walk before heading to the capitol, Juneau, for afternoon activities. We visit Mendenhall Glacier and enjoy some interpretive info from the local ranger. Afterwards, there's time to explore on your own for a bit or shop before a final dinner aboard the Island Spirit.
Day 9- Juneau - This morning you will enjoy your final breakfast aboard the Island Spirit at 8:30 AM followed by transfers to hotels or airport. (Please note, we are in port the evening before departures to accommodate early flights. Please note, all guests are required to disembark by 12:00 PM so we may be ready the vessell for our next cruise. (Breakfast)